Thursday, March 24, 2011

Drawing





















1. Using my hands as a subject matter for a drawing  made me think of the old saying "Know it like the back of your hand." Hands are something we obviously see most of everyday but to look at them more closely to draw them was interesting. It was interesting to observe all the lines and shapes.
2. I chose pencil because I felt more comfortable using it and I could achieve thinner, sharper lines.
3. It felt very awkward drawing with my non-dominant hand. I did not feel like I had much control.
4. I feel my works are fairly successful. You can definitely tell they are hands but they do not look that similar. They look like they belong to two different people.
5. I was actually surprised that my non-dominant drawing came out as well as it did. However, I do not think I would use my non-dominant hand to create future work.

No comments:

Post a Comment