Sunday, March 6, 2011

Installation Art

Installation art is a work designed in 3D. It is meant to take up an entire space so that the viewer is forced to interact with the piece. It can permanent or non-permanent, indoors or outdoors and can utilize any material the artists wishes. Installation art gives the artist a lot of freedom. I really liked the Sprial Jetty installation.

I was really unsure of what I wanted to do for this project. I decided I wanted to do something outdoors, inspired by the Spiral Jetty. I was also inspired by the Pfeiffer's Caraytid work from the Albright-Knox. I decided to make a man's footprints and a woman's footprints walking alongside one another. I then left the shoes as the ghostly remains of the couple. The footprints after the shoes are unified. The left foot is the woman's and the right is the man's to show their unification.



No comments:

Post a Comment