Friday, May 6, 2011

Art Curator Project Reflection

I began by thinking of themes that interest me. I thought about doing a play on senses by having a mixture of sight with sound, and sight with touch. However, this seemed like it would be difficult to put together. Then I thought Dante's Inferno and finding works that represent the seven levels of hell. This also seemed difficult so I simplified it to just the Seven Deadly Sins. The Seven Deadly Sins have always fascinated me for some reason.

Once I found my first piece, Seven Virtues and Seven Vices, I knew how I wanted to put it together. I found some pieces that incorporated all the sins and placed one at the beginning at one at the end. Then I found seven individual pieces that represented a different sin. Then found three artists that did separate pieces that collectively made up the Seven Deadly Sins.

I made the colors of the slides try to be symbolic of the sins. Red for lust and anger, yellow for pride, green for envy, black for sloth. The colors of the slides were used to group the works together, as if viewing each set in its own room.

The project as a whole was challenging but definitely fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment