Saturday, February 19, 2011

Value and Color

I really enjoyed creating the value scale and color wheel. It was different art creation experience because it was more hands-on but it was also relatively simple so it made it fun to do. I enjoyed working with the acrylic paints more than the pencil I used to create the value scale. It reminded me of my art classes in when I was younger. After I was done making the color wheel, I found myself mixing the colors more and just making brush strokes to play with the paint.

The most important discovery from the creation of these studies was also the most important thing I learned from the videos, this being that the true primary colors are magenta, cyan and yellow. After I learned this, I thought of the colors from a color ink cartridge. The colors in it are not red, yellow and blue but magenta, cyan and yellow.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment