Saturday, February 12, 2011

Photography

I began this project by looking around my home and finding objects that struck my attention. For instance, the picture of four circles came from a pillow in my home. When it caught my eye, I thought about why this object made me look at it rather than just glance over it. I realized it was the circles juxtaposes the square pillow, combined with the inverse colors that made me pay attention. I used this process for most of the other photos. When I say my piano, I immediately saw lines. When I saw the leaf with sunlight beaming through, I just wanted to touch it to feel the texture. I found my myself looking at things and connecting them to the elements and principles.

Then I began looking outside and as I walked around I began to notice things. The streetlight that was at an angle but somehow is still in proportion with the tree to left and right. Which I captured by using the black and white effect on my camera. Looking at the dead end sign at the end of my street I kept seeing a "V" form. The snow mounds and then the sign itself and then the branches of the trees.

This project made me stop and think about why a simple object catches my eye or just looks beautiful. My favorite photograph is the icicle picture. It is the harmony of it that compelled me to capture it.

See the slideshow here:

http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z430/vball1220/?albumview=slideshow

1 comment:

  1. You did really well with your pictures and the elements/principles you used them for. I really liked the icicle piture too, it was also my favorite. You have good photography skills!

    ReplyDelete