Saturday, February 26, 2011


I thought creating a logo for myself was a great way to understand the learning material. The most important discovery I made creating my logo was that it was harder than I thought it would be to come up with a concept. My first thought was creating something around a volleyball because I have been playing volleyball since 8th grade and most people know that the sport is very important to me. Then I decided I wanted to do something less obvious. I thought about my other qualities. Humans  in general are complex creatures with many layers. I thought of a flower and how the petals layer and overlap and blossom. I decided on a rose because it is an iconic image of romance and I am romantic person. However, I also like the rose because it is also tough with its thorns. I thought it was a deeper representation of myself.

The videos and other material were really helpful. It really took you through the steps and process. The most important thing I learned came from the video Graphic Design. It helped me realize that I should not be discouraged when it takes time to come up with the right concept. In the video they began with a image inspired by a firework and turned that into a design of  concentric circles, which was far from where they started.

Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment